Types of Telco Connections
There are a few different ways to connect a RightFax server to the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
If you want a cloud-based telco connection for your RightFax server, one of your options is babyTEL T.38 SIP trunking.
With the babyTEL solution, you don’t need ANY connection to the PTSN. babyTEL acts as your PBX and we use a secure connection between your RightFax server and the babyTEL central offices. This connection is a TCP/IP connection over your existing Internet connection.
Standards based Solution
T.38 encapsulates the T.30 for transmission over IP so that fax devices can connect in ‘real-time’ with no intermediate storage.
Telco Grade Network
Critical to a good SIP/T.38 solution, babyTEL provides a VoIP/ FoIP network known for its quality, reliability and support for T.38. DID’s are available throughout the U.S. and Canada and many International locations.
babyTEL’s infrastructure is robust and secure built on redundant virtual servers supporting Voice and Fax communications even over challenging environments like satellite . In particular, paths have been selected that are supportive of T.38 to provide optimized call completion.
Key components in the network including switches, billing and session boarder control are developed by babyTEL to provide for utmost interoperability, quality and reliability. Major functions are on ‘virtual’ servers which provide full redundancy. Alternative, communication paths are provided in case of failure by connecting carriers.
Choose our fax-optimized T.38 SIP Trunks plan and get:
- Exceptional call completion results over Internet
- Traffic sent over networks specifically conditioned for fax
- Phone numbers at low rates – as many numbers as you need
- A low cost trunk with low per minute rates
- Ideal for clients with FoIP enabled fax servers
The babyTEL Advantage
- Real-time and standards based – T.38 connects your fax server through the Internet
- Eliminates need for non-standards based hybrid faxing solutions
- Eliminates the connection to the Public Network (PSTN)
- Call completion rates equal or better than over the PSTN
- Redundancy and fail over strategies for super network reliability
- Real-time T.38 Encryption of signalling and data – an industry first
- Business continuity solutions: Load balancing, active-active, virtualization (HA/HR)
- Scales from a single fax machine to 100’s of lines
- Phone numbers available in most locations across Canada and the US
- Number portability – keep your numbers
- HIPAA and SOX compliant (conduit exemption)
- Using T-38 SIP Trunking and Fax
- Real-Time T.38 Faxing vs HTTPS Faxing
- T.38 FoIP Security Whitepaper
- Encryption of T.38 Security