Most HIPAA compliance issues are not the result of data hacks or security breaches, they are the result of human errors that incidentally grant access to sensitive patient information to those not authorized to see it.
While fax servers are secure, user error can result in unintentional HIPAA violations. These mistakes can include users accidentally leaving themselves logged into systems that contain sensitive information. That’s why RightFax FaxUtil allows you to disable the “Remember password” feature. This will remove the user’s ability to click the “Remember password” box when logging into FaxUtil.
To learn how to disable this feature, follow the steps below.
How To Disable The Remember Password Option For FaxUtil
Note: disabling this feature requires you to add a registry key. If you are unfamiliar with how to do this, it may be better to consult with a your fax provider.
- In the Registry Editor on RightFax FaxUtil, under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\RightFAX Client\FUW32”, right click on the window and select “New” then “DWORD (32-bit) Value”.
- A new value will open with the “Type” set as “REG_DWORD”.
- Set the “Name” as “DisableRememberPassword”.
- After the Name is set, right click on it and select “Modify”.
- When the “Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value” window appears, set the “Value data:” to “00000001”.
- Click OK.
To see a video tutorial on how to disable the “Remember password” feature in RightFax FaxUtil, head on over to RightFax University.
From here on out, when you login to RightFax FaxUtil, you should see that the “Remember password” option and checkbox will be grayed out and unavailable.
Learn More From the RightFax Experts
HIPAA violations can be prevented when users unlock the greatest potential of their fax software. At RightFax University, you can view hundreds of videos and tutorials that show you how to get the most out of RightFax. Sign up for free today.