Have multiple documents that you need to fax? Want to combine them into a single fax to send at all once? One of the great things about RightFax is its ability to streamline the fax process and make things faster and easier for users.
Here’s how you can use print-to-fax with FaxUtil to combine multiple documents into a single fax.
Combining and Sending Multiple Documents as a Single Fax
You can combine nearly any two (or more) documents into the same fax, even if the files are in different formats. To do this, you will need to print both of them to your RightFax printer for sending, but leave out the sender information. This trick will place both documents as faxes into FaxUtil where you will be able to combine them before sending.
Simply follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Open the first document you want to combine and send.
- Select “File” and then “Print.”
- Use the drop-down menu to set the printer to the “RightFax Fax Printer.”
- Select “Print.”
- The “Fax Information” window will appear. DO NOT fill out any information. Just select “Send.”
- This will cause the “RightFax FaxUtil” window to open. The fax will not send and the status will appear as “Information Incomplete.” Ignore this for now.
- Open the next document you want to fax and repeat steps 2-6.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for any other documents you want to combine.
All of your unfaxed files should now appear in RightFax FaxUtil with their status set as “Information Incomplete.” To combine and send them, follow these steps:
- Select all faxes using by holding down CTRL and clicking on each of them individually.
- Right click and select “Combine.” The “Combine Faxes” window will appear.
- You can change the order that the files appear in the fax by selecting them and using the arrow buttons on the right to move them up or down on the list.
- When you are finished reordering, select “Combine.”
- The “Fax Information” window will appear again. You can now fill out your recipient’s information, add a cover sheet, etc.
- Send your fax as usual.
If you need further instructions, watch our step-by-step instruction video at RightFax University.