If you are trying to send a large fax that consists of many pages in RightFax, you may encounter a transmission error that prevents the fax from being sent. But don’t call your RightFax support provider just yet. You should be able to fix this issue on your own.
Why Does This Error Occur?
If you are receiving a transmission error when trying to send a large fax, the most likely issue is that the fax exceeds the maximum number of pages that is set in the Brooktrout Call Parameters. The default max number of pages that the Brooktrout Call Parameters allows is 30. Any faxes larger than this will fail when attempting to send.
If the fax you are sending has fewer than 30 pages, it’s still a good idea to check the max page settings before contacting support as someone else may have changed them.
How to Change the Maximum Number of Pages in Brooktrout
You can reconfigure your RightFax server to send faxes greater than 30 pages (or lower the maximum amount, if you wish) at any time. To change the page limit, follow these steps:
- Open Enterprise Fax Manager and stop the RightFax DocTransport Module service by right clicking on it and selecting “Stop Service”
- Once the status displays “Stop,” right click on the RightFax DocTransport Module and select “Configure Service.”
- When the DocTransport Configuration windows opens, select your fax board from the left-hand pane.
- Click on the “Configure Brooktrout” button that appears on the right.
- When the configuration applet opens, select “Advanced Mode.”
- When the Brooktrout Configuration Tool – Advanced Mode windows opens, select “BTCall Parameters (All boards)” from the left-hand pane.
- Click the “Show Advanced” button on the right.
- Scroll down until you see “Maximum Number of Pages.”
- You can set the maximum number of pages to a maximum of 1024.
- Select “Apply” to reset the setting in the current configuration file.
- Close the window and select “OK” on the DocTransport configuration service window.
- Restart the RightFax DocTransport Module by right clicking on it and selecting “Start Service.”
- Once the status reads “Running,” you can test the configuration change by send a larger fax with more pages.
You can watch a detailed walkthrough video that shows how to change the maximum number of pages your RightFax server can send here. If you still see an error message when trying to send your fax, the issue may be originating from a different source.
Get Support When You Need It
If you have a support plan with The Fax Guys, give us a call or login to our support panel to submit a ticket. For more information on how you can sign up for one of our RightFax support plans, contact us today.