We have reached the end of 2016. It was an amazing year for RightFax and for us here at The Fax Guys. As far as our company goes, we saw new employees, new customers and new partners. Most importantly of all, we saw new changes, features and additions to RightFax.
We were excited to bring to our customers and partners all the new things RightFax had to offer. In case you missed out on the news, here is what happened with RightFax this year:
New Feature Packs for RightFax 10.6
This past June, we saw the release of Feature Pack 3 for RightFax 10.6, which introduced new settings for FaxUtil. These included:
- Search functionality, for the first time ever!
- Enabling users to perform test searches on specific metadata fields in order to rapidly find faxes (similar to a web search), which allows for specific, granular searches.
- Administrative Mode benefits from the performance of these changes.
- A new search window, and search criteria could now be separated by commas.
The feature pack also included changes to the Enterprise grade such as support for Office 2016, fax reports in enterprise fax manager and a whole lot more.
You can watch our webinar to see everything that was new in RightFax Feature Pack 3.
Announcements for RightFax 16.2
While we were still diving into all the changes that Feature Pack 3 brought to us, OpenText made another great announcement: RightFax 16.2.
Set to release in April, 2017, RightFax 16.2 is predicted to bring about a big upgrade. We were happy to be on the RightFax 16.2 Beta Team, which gave us access to their weekly builds. Among the many things that we saw in the version were the ability to:
- Delegate access to faxes and other information to one or many users.
- Disable user accounts
- Create new administrative roles (Read-Only Administrator, Service-Only Administrator and User-Only Administrator).
- View all versions of a fax all the back to the original
See the extended list of new features here. Some new features may be added or delayed. We will have much more information as we get closer to the release.
OpenText Announces Big Plans for the Future of Fax
OpenText announced that they are committed to delivering new enterprise fax solutions. Their release of OpenText Suite 16 was just the beginning of a $2 billion investment in their fax solutions. They also announced that they will continue to provide solutions that are specifically tailored to the healthcare industry – RightFax Healthcare Direct and Fax2Mail for Healthcare.
Onward to 2017!
Our team here at The Fax Guys is more excited than ever to continue working in the fax industry. Fax is not dead, it’s evolving, and we look forward to continue providing products like RightFax to our customers and partners for many years to come.
Contact our team today to find out how we can upgrade you to the latest version of RightFax.