Occasionally in RightFax, you will run into an error where the Sync Module is no longer able to create new user accounts when a scheduled sync runs. In order to solve this, it is necessary to debug the Sync Module.
How to Debug the RightFax Sync Module
In Enterprise Fax Manager, you can debug the Sync Module by following these steps:
- If the Sync Module is running, stop it.
- Right Click “RightFax Sync Module” and click on “Configure Service.”
- When the “RightFax Sync Module Configuration” window appears, click on the “Logging” tab.
- Select all items on the list and use the dropdown menu below to change their “Values” to “Verbose.”
- Click back to the “General” Tab.
- Select the first sync mapping in the mappings table and hit “Edit” (located to the right.
- When the “Sync Mapping” window appears, change the selection for “Schedule” to “Continuously (for testing and diagnostics).”
- Repeat step 7 if there are additional mappings on your mapping table.
- Click “Apply” to apply the changes and then close out the “RightFax Sync Module Configuration” window.
- In the “Enterprise Fax Manager” windows, right click on “RightFax Sync Module” and click “Debug.”
Your debug report will help you ascertain what the issue is and get you started on solving the problem. If you see an error involving a “Concurrency Violation,” follow these steps to fix it:
- In Enterprise Fax Manager, right Click “RightFax Sync Module” and click on “Configure Service.”
- When the “RightFax Sync Module Configuration” window appears, write down or take a screenshot of your “Sync Mapping” configuration.
- Select your mapping/s and click “Delete” to delete them (make sure you have completed Step 2 and have a record of your “Source,” “Destination,” and other configuration settings first).
- Click “Apply” and the “OK.”
- Reopen the “RightFax Sync Module Configuration” window.
- Recreate your sync mapping/s using the information you recorded. Make sure your “Source,” “Destination,” and “Transform” files are correct.
- Set your “Schedule” and click “OK.”
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 for any additional mappings.
- When you are done, click on the “Logging” tab.
- Select all items on the list and use the dropdown menu below to change their “Values” to “Error.”
- Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
The RightFax Sync Module should automatically restart. If it doesn’t, right click it and select “Start Service.” The next time your scheduled sync runs, you should see your new users.
To see a video tutorial of how to solve this issues, head over to RightFax University.
If you still have questions, are lost or need RightFax support, get in touch with The Fax Guys today. We can help set you up with a support plan and will provide you with the help you need to keep your RightFax server running. Contact us today.